Because of the differences in the melting temperatures of various die casting alloys, two methods of inserting the molten metal into the die cavities are used. These are referred to as hot chamber and cold chamber machines.
Hot chamber or plunger machines are used mainly for zinc alloys. With modern technology, this process is increasingly being used for magnesium. The hot chamber process is a preferred die casting method due to its high rate of productivity. However, it cannot be used for some high melting point alloys or for those alloys which attack the steel working parts of the machine.
Operating sequence for the hot chamber die casting process:
1. Die is closed and gooseneck cylinder is filled with molten metal.
2. Plunger pushes molten metal through gooseneck passage and nozzle and into the die cavity. Metal is held under pressure until it solidifies.
3. Die opens and cores, if any, retract. Casting stays in ejector die. Plunger returns, pulling molten metal back through nozzle and gooseneck.
4. Ejector pins push casting out of ejector die. As plunger uncovers inlet hole, molten metal refills gooseneck cylinder
Aluminum Die Casting
Material: aluminium(A380;ADC12,ect.) & Aluminum Alloy
Process: pressure die casting & gravity casting
Surface Treatment: anodizing
Specification: Heat Sink
Used for Automobile cars;Motorcyle,ect.
Cold chamber machines minimize contact between the alloy to be cast and steel machine parts which allows the processing of high melting temperature alloys. Its primary use is for aluminum, brass, and larger magnesium die castings.
Operating sequence for the cold chamber die casting process:
1. Die is closed and molten metal is ladled into the cold chamber cylinder.
2. Plunger pushes molten metal into die cavity. the metal is held under high pressure until it solidifies.
3. Die opens and plunger follows to push the solidified slug from the cylinder. Cores, if any, retract.
4. Ejector pins push casting off ejector die and plunger returns to original position.
Our Main Product: Sand Casting, Investment Casting, Die Casting, Green Sand Casting, Aluminum Sand Casting
Prev : Lost-Wax Casting Next: Sand Casting and Investment Casting